22 February 2010

Is it summer yet?

Back in the big city, and the cold weather, ugh.
At least we don't have the piles of snow like back east, just enough to make pedaling a bit on the difficult side....and enough to make the mud muddier when it warms up.

Got back too late to join some folks out in Pine, but hooked up with ss spike the next night for a painful pedal. I knew before we began, that after my past week at sea level doing nothing at all, that this was gonna hurt. Rolled downhill for quite a bit to get to the creek (this alone gave me a frownie face, knowing that this would be our final miles, uphill) & headed up Strawberry. Not too bad, mostly clear so we pushed on, literally, to try out Charlie's. Tiring slog through 6" or so of white stuff. A little riding here & there, but even then it was a workout trying to stay on the 6" of ride-able trail. As soon as the front wheel fell off the hard-pack it would catch the deep stuff & bring you to a halt.

Turned around & hiked/biked back to Buck's & started the downhill, where I turned on my dying NiteRider, trying to save it all for this section. Going downhill is my favorite part, but I had problems staying up this night-went OTB when I crossed up the bars in a turn & slammed it pretty hard. I was feeling so off my game, I even had thoughts of riding w/a suspension fork. As soon as we started back up to the cars, my body gave out, had to stand on the slightest incline & still had no oomph. Really felt it when I got home & through the next day.

No more light problems, as I finally broke down & had scar build up my light...no more demos or dealing w/a 10-yr old NiteRider that throws of a faint orange glow for 40-60 minutes. Bring on the night!

Heard the recognizable purr of e's car pulling up just as I was finishing work Sunday as he came to grab me to head out to GM, perfect timing! White stuff was coming down light, but steadily. Ended up doing a small loop across the bottom, then back through the middle, where we ran into the Goat on his 'short lil jaunt' in cold weather.



































There was lots of hiking involved, so it was much more tiring than it should have been.

















Big new rubber.














No comments:

Post a Comment