16 August 2012

Summer's Almost Over

...and I have got a few good rides in....until got that hand x-rayed.

Had a Subie engine re-built....correctly.
Continued growing veg
To celebrate our freedoms, we hit Jones Pass again
Happy Independence Day!
We hiked...
We posed
We smiled...lots

Enjoyed Jones Pass so much, we went back for picnic on a hot day
We harvested some purple veg....

More 2-wheel chaos ensued in July, but I kept the camera tucked away, as it was mostly done on super secret trails. Two episodes of chaos stand out most: I was following Jason down Cruel &Unusual, and spaced on the little gap (0:56) he had just warned me about. I was rolling a touch too slow to clear it, and way too fast to roll over, so I instinctively balled up like a roly-poly & gave some standers-by a good show. 4 days later, Aaron & I were wheeling Bear Arms and I had major pedal-strike in the wooded zone, which instantly catapulted me OTB. When we left that day, my hand was feeling a bit off - figured I just stubbed it real good.

Saturday the 28th was an excellent pedal set up by Jeremy - a good number of the T.I.T.S. & Inflexables crews met up in Poncha Springs for a day of enjoyment. MCT isn't too insane, so I decided to take the KM I thought it'd be a fun, chill group ride.


Headed out feeling allgood as we rolled upward & across the scenic sections. Trouble was, we took  an extended route: Starvation Creek, then back up top to Silver Creek. As soon as we hit Starvation, I started hurting, bad. I had to stop several times because I couldn't handle the pain in my right hand.  Had to bail at Rainbow since I was out of food/water & in no shape to continue.

Hirsch grinding back up the never-ending road

It's (almost) all downhill from here

After, I gave in & went to get an x-ray & found out it wasn't a bruise, or a badly stubbed finger.



Looks like August is a wash on biking. Good thing I'm busy with work & other thangs. Reggae on the Rocks coming up soon with Burning Spear & Steel Pulse, nice!


Grab it here, and listen for my voice (I attended the 2nd night of this recording)

No comments:

Post a Comment